Wednesday, December 29, 2010
The base of the box is 4 1/2" square to fit a standard tissue box. The top uses oval nestabilities for a clean, sharp cut. I sponged all edges with chocolate chip ink. I had to use the larger size folder for the dry embossing folder because the normal size did not cover the entire paper. The polka dot punches stamp is punched with the scallop punch.
Sunday, December 19, 2010
I love this design. I punched four squares each of two different sizes, then used the corner rounder punch. The Heartfelt Sympathy stamp was a clear stamp. I cut it into two stamps for a different look.
The Stampin' Up bird punch is quite versatile. Here in Montana, we have blue jays in the winter, so I decided to make our winter bird. I punched the bird and two wings, sponged all around, used one wing for the bird's head, and mounted all pieces on dimensionals. I used two of the branches in green. The branches was taped down, but the leaves were left 3D.
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Both cards used white and red card stock. The tree is dry embossed with Cuttlebug's folder. The be merry stamp is one of my favorite stamps. On the tree card, I punched the sentiment and the scallop out. On the snowflake card, I stamped directly onto the card. Certainly is a different look from the same stamp.
Monday, December 13, 2010
I used Stampin' Up's ornament stamp set and matching punch in the rich Bermuda Bay color scheme. Putting the ornament on dimensionals and adding bling finished the card.
My challenge is to make one Christmas card each week. My daughter says at this rate, I will have 365 cards by next Christmas. I just can't help myself!
Sunday, December 12, 2010
This is card 3 of my Christmas Challenge. I used the Cuttlebug embossing folder for the wreath. I colored the center of the poinsettias yellow, put pearls in the center of the snowflakes, added red bling in the corners, and stamped a simple Merry Christmas. I love the white on white!
Saturday, December 11, 2010
The wreath is made from punched flowers. The base was also punched from the scallop punch and the 1 1/4' circle. Each punched flower was cut in half and attached to the base. Even though it was quite time consuming, the end result is worth it. I would not make 25 of these, however!
Thursday, December 9, 2010
My Christmas challenge for myself is to make one Christmas card per week. That way, when next year rolls around, I will have 50 or so cards. This is number one.
Certainly Celery, white card stock
Joy stamp from Stampin' Up's Small Script set
Simple Snowflake stamp from Stampin' Up, XL Snowflake punch
Embossing folder Houndstooth from Cuttlebug
Sponging with dark green and certainly celery inks
Sunday, December 5, 2010
My grandson is sending this card to Santa with his letter inside. This is as simple as it gets. I stamped the Santa, colored with my water colorer in red and green, stamped the sentiment, and gave it to Patrick to write the message.
Thursday, December 2, 2010
We made the cards 3 1/2" by 3 1/2" to fit into our envelopes. Looking for a CAS card, we stamped the thank you, punched it with the word window, and attached it to the punched label. Next, the ribbon was tied. The inside of the card has a stamped "Baby" and plenty of room for Aaron to write.