Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's and Uncle's Day Triple Layer Cards

Father's Day and Uncle's Day are one in the same at our house.  I used Wild Wasabi and Certainly Celery for both the card stock and inks.

I took the three Certainly Celery layers and adhered them together -- just barely.  I used just a small amount of tape, knowing I needed to take them apart right after I stamped them.  I randomly stamped the flourish with Certainly Celery, making sure to not cover up the sentiment.  Then I used the geometric floral stamp with Wild Wasabi. 

The "shadow" that is created from the stamp when stamping across the layers will be covered by the mat.  I disassembled the three stamped layers, attached the mats, and reassembled the layers.  I had to make sure I did not turn the layers upside down; I was careful to match the patterns.  The bottom mat is actually the card base.

For the masculine card, I chose to not use ribbon or bakers twine.  However, I would use more adornment for a more feminine card.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Jakob's Half Birthday Invitations

Aaron and I made invitations to Jakob's 1 1/2 Year birthday party.  Because he was born on December 22, his birthday gets lost during the holidays.  His half birthday gives him a party that is not rushed.

We used card stock that cut 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" as the base.  The front of the card has the car, balloons, and the sign.  The back of the card has the party details printed from the computer.  Aaron designed the front of the card. 





Saturday, June 9, 2012

With Sympathy: Pearls and Nestabilities



I tried a new technique on this card.  The orange card stock was put through the Cuttlebug; however, the die cut piece was not used on the card.  I used the negative as the design base.  

The images were stamped on the vanilla card stock with brown ink.  The orange overlay is the negative from the Nestabilities dies.  Then the layers were put on the brown card stock.  Two sizes of pearls were added.

I found stamping first and fitting it into the die cut window a bit tricky.  I think the same look could be achieved by die cutting the ivory, stamping on the ivory, and adhering the ivory to the orange as a layer.

I guess it is always good to try new techniques.  It is always good to adjust to make things better.