Saturday, July 31, 2010
This box is made from one piece of card stock. On the 11" side, I scored the paper at 4 1/4" and 6 3/4". On the 8 1/2" side, I scored the paper at 2 1/2" and 6". The lid is 4 1/4" by 3 1/2", scored at 1 1/4" and 3 3/4".
I put the sentiment on dimensionals. I rounded the corners of both pieces of the sentiment, plus added brads in the corners. I tied a ribbon around the box to strengthen to box, and as an embellishment. I added quite a lot of candy in the box, which was heavier than I thought it would be. I also tied a ribbon across the top for embellishment and to keep the lid on.
I used the scallop border punch for the lid. However, the lid tucks behind the sentiment piece for closure. The ribbon on the lid helps keep it closed.
Saturday, July 24, 2010
I gave my great-nephew two books to celebrate his baptism. This, of course, means he needed a new bookmark for his books. Haha!
The green and orange card stock measures 8 1/2" long; the green is 3" wide and the orange is 2 1/2" wide. Using Stampin' Up's cog punch, I glued the cogs onto the bookmark for a stronger hold.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
My great-nephew's baptism is coming up. He is in fourth grade and quite mature for his age, so I wanted to create a card that was more adult than child. I went to Wordle and created this.
In Wordle, you create by typing words into a text box. The more times a word is entered, the larger the word will be in the creation. You can change font, color, word position, and layout. Wordle even allows you to enter an RSS feed to compile your word list. I entered the URL of this blog and was amazed at the Wordle creation. Too much fun!
When I printed the Wordle, I changed the setting of my printer to print two pages per sheet for the front of the card. This gave me a printed area of 4 1/4" by 5", which is just perfect. For the inside of the card, I changed the settings to four pages per sheet.
For the front of the card, I found a verse for a baptism through a Google search. I copied and pasted it into the text box. For the inside, I just typed the words into the text box.
Friday, July 16, 2010
After my birthday, I used my entire stock of thank you notes, so I needed to replenish my thank you stock. I made eight cards, so I did not want to get too involved. I still have a LOT of real red card stock after the wedding, so that made my decision on the color.
The stamps are from Stampin' Up's Polka Dot Punches and Three Little Words. The punches are also Stampin' Up: Scallop, Scallop Oval, and Scallop Trim Edge. The bling is from my sister, Connie.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
My sister Connie gave me this card for my birthday. She glues fabric onto card stock, giving the card a rich, vibrant look. She used dimensionals for the fabric pieces; embellishments were buttons and twine. Beautiful card! Thanks, Connie.
I also showed the back of the card because it is so cute.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
My daughter's friends have a brand new baby boy! She chose a heart theme for this card. The Cuttlebug embossing folder created a heart background. Stampin' Up's heart stamps and punch created the falling hearts. The sentiment was outlined with white brads.
The inside was simple with more stamped and punched hearts with the tricycle stamp. A lot of room was needed on the inside for her 5 year old to sign his name!
This is her second card. She is getting addicted...
Thursday, July 8, 2010
My great-niece is having a ballerina party for her fifth birthday, so out come the ballerina stamps! I decided to try another one layer card -- using, of course, pink card stock.
My card stock was cut 4 1/4" square, with score lines at 1" and 1/2" in from each edge. The stamped ballerina shoes were colored and put on dimensionals. White dots were adhered to the scored boxes. I sponged the edge with purple ink.
The inside of the card is definitely for a five year old girl. Ballerina and flowers galore.
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
I experimented today with a one layer card for a touch of simplicity. The butterfly punches did add a layer, but more as an embellishment. The card itself is just one layer.
I used pastel pink for the card stock, both for the base of the card and the butterfly punches. The purple ink added dimension to the card. I used Stampin' Up's Flight of the Butterfly stamp set with the matching butterfly punch. I snail taped the solid butterfly punch to the card, then used a dimensional for the flowered butterfly punch. I folded the wings on the top butterfly to simulate flight.
I like the simplicity of this card. I probably will experiment more.