Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Birthday Boxes in Blue



This box is made from one piece of card stock. On the 11" side, I scored the paper at 4 1/4" and 6 3/4". On the 8 1/2" side, I scored the paper at 2 1/2" and 6". The lid is 4 1/4" by 3 1/2", scored at 1 1/4" and 3 3/4".

I put the sentiment on dimensionals. I rounded the corners of both pieces of the sentiment, plus added brads in the corners. I tied a ribbon around the box to strengthen to box, and as an embellishment. I added quite a lot of candy in the box, which was heavier than I thought it would be. I also tied a ribbon across the top for embellishment and to keep the lid on.

I used the scallop border punch for the lid. However, the lid tucks behind the sentiment piece for closure. The ribbon on the lid helps keep it closed.

No comments: