Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thank You: Sunset



When I was in Washington, D.C. last week, I was invited to a dinner party. The party was on the terrace of a fifteen story building in the center of DC and the view was spectacular! Many of the famous monuments and buildings were so close. This card was made for the hosts of the party.

I used white card stock as the base for the inked piece. I used sponges to put a layer of yellow on the card. Then I used a circle punch and taped it onto the card. Using the brayer and orange ink, I covered the card again. I edged the card with a burgundy ink, sponging onto the card a bit. Then I sponged a dark brown just on the edges. I then used the dark brown ink on the grass stamp from Stampin' Up's Inspired by Nature set.

I put the inked piece on a yellow piece that was only a partial backing. Using dimensionals, I mounted it to a brown card stock. I added shiny brass brads to the side.

The pictures below were taken from the terrace. This Montana girl was pretty impressed!

No comments: