Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Scallop Trim Border and Corner Punches



I have the Stampin' Up Scallop Trim border and corner punches. I love them! However, I was having a hard time calculating what size of paper I needed to use to have the two punches line up.

I found a great tutorial page to help me with this. Gretchen Barron's blog not only showed the necessary sizes, but also how to operate the punches.


From Gretchen:

  • 4 3/4" makes a square that has 10 scallops along each side
  • 4 1/4" makes a square that has 9 scallops on each side
  • 3 13/16" makes a square that has 8 scallops along each side. This is the size that fits perfectly into the guide that is printed on the Scallop Trim Border Punch and therefore makes this a great size to practice on. Once you get this size down, it will be easier to branch-off and make your squares smaller or larger.
  • 3 1/4" makes a square than has 7 scallops along each side.
  • 2 7/8" makes a square that has 6 scallops on each side
  • 2 3/8" makes a square that has 5 scallops on each side
  • And then, the smallest square that is 1 15/16" and uses only the corner punch.
With a little practice, I found the 4 1/4" and the 3 3/4" squares worked quite well together. My next step will be to practice on rectangles. I just love how these punches work together!

No comments: