Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bookmarks for Summer Reading

My grandson Patrick is reading for several different programs this year. My favorite is Borders Double-Dog Dare Challenge. So, of course, he needed a bookmark. I certainly will use any excuse to make a paper craft!

I chose yellow and orange card stock, cut at 2 1/2 and 2 inches wide and 8 1/2 inches long. Using the spiral punch on both sides makes it look similar to a film strip, so I went with Stampin' Up's Cute by the Inch inked in brown. We chose the owl because the owl and Patrick are both wise!



The second bookmark I made for my daughter Aaron. She is taking online college classes, so she also needed a bookmark. I really love my new border punch; the punch became the design.

I stamped the Flower of the Month (a retired set of Stampin' Up) for November for Aaron, September for Patrick, December for grandson #2 Jakob, and the rose for Mother's Day. I stamped and punched the flowers with a 1 inch circle, layered with a 1 1/4 inch circle. The orange flowers were glued on each circle.


No comments: